Mental Health Courses
Mental Health is currently such a hot topic, it is important as a company to have policies and procedures in place to protect your employees and at the moment to get ahead of the curve by training Mental Health First Aiders before it becomes mandatory, much like first aiders in the work place already are.
The training input from us is detailed both around the personal circumstances of the managing director Dan Darwin relating to mental health awareness and he also draws on professional experiences from being a serving frontline police officer in a busy city environment for 12 years.
We offer the following courses and services:
Mental Health Awareness
This four hour session raises awareness of mental health and is recommended for all employees
Your employees will gain:
* An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
* A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
* An introduction to looking after their own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
* Confidence to offer support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Two day Mental Health First Aider course
This two day course charged at £300 per person qualifies your employees as Mental Health First Aiders, giving them:
* An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
* Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
* Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
* Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
* Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
* An understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
* All materials and certificates issued by Mental Health First Aid England
One hour talk by Dan Darwin
This inspirational talk offers a very personal and real insight into Dan’s own battles with poor mental health, dealing with child trauma, violent incidents, PTSD, bereavement, panic attacks, depression and anxiety. The fee for this input is normally £250, but is included for free when booking the mental health awareness course(minimum numbers apply).